Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

WHAT A WEEK!!!

Well, it has been a CRAZY week!  I can't believe I haven't blogged since since the 21st of August!  My daughter is having a terrible time at school....she is so HOMESICK!  She came home on the 21st for the weekend so I mostly just hung out with her and talked.  THEN...on Sunday afternoon...we were eating an early dinner so my daughter could leave...and the sun started looking REALLY STRANGE.  My husband stepped outside to check it out and there was a HUGE plume of smoke......A FIRE WAS HEADING OUR WAY!  

My husband and older sons...went to check it out...and called to tell me to start packing my important things.  My mother-in-law had already been evacuated.  I packed all of my important papers, the dog kennel (the dogs were ready)  and then all of my photo albums, photo boxes and scrapbooks.  My kids all knew what was important to me.  They packed a few of their things, we all packed clothes for a few days...it was crazy.  

We were up on our roof watching the fire when the sheriff came by to tell us to evacuate...I was a little bit embarrassed to be up on the roof...but we were packed and I had taken photos of all of our STUFF...I had a peace about it!  My FAMILY WAS SAFE...and the rest was just STUFF...ALL REPLACEABLE!  God was and is in control...so I just had to let go and let God!  I was amazed at how at peace my heart was!




There was an AMAZING air attack on this fire....



...and an amazing ground support!


The evacuation was changed to advisory...so we were able to stay home...but didn't sleep.  We were watching the glow...to see if it got bigger...and the winds...hoping they wouldn't pick up!  Monday was a day of just waiting...what's gonna happen...we watched the planes dump retardant, the helicopters filling their buckets up with water and dumping.  It was an amazing sight.  Yesterday...Tuesday...all evacuation advisories were lifted and I unpacked.  


TODAY...I have to put my workshop back together....many of my photos were out there to be scrapbooked.  OH DARN...I have to work in my happy place!  I'm sure I'll find time to CREATE!

FEELING VERY BLESSED AND HAPPY!  

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll have come projects for you VERY SOON!  Have a BEAUTIFUL DAY!

Philippians 4:6-7New International Version (NIV)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

3D Thursday - Flowering Zinnia Seed Packet

Hello everyone!  Welcome to another 3D Thursday project!  I am the designer this week and in honor of spring (although snow is a possibility...